On this page, I try to list the most interesting press articles about myself or my work. Mostly for myself, as an archive. But maybe also to brag a little bit.
Are you a journalist and want to write about me, or about one of my current or past projects? Feel free to do so, or contact me if you have any questions.
Linked articles and videos may be in different languages. When I can, I indicate the language of the external resource with emojis: Dutch (🇳🇱), English (🇬🇧), and French (🇫🇷). Multiple flags indicate that the resource is available in multiple languages.
Articles on 'Ben Ik Erbij'?
Ben Ik Erbij? is a nationally viral look-up tool I created for the Facebook phone numbers leak of April 2021, amassing over 15 million requests in a single month.
I worked with @intidc to distribute my tool to the public.
- 🇳🇱 DataNews: "Facebook leak affects three million Belgians: is your data up for grabs as well?". Renowned tech magazine Datanews on my look-up tool and Facebook's data leak.
- 🇳🇱🇫🇷 Belgian Privacy Commission: "Facebook data leak: the Belgian privacy commission is taking action and calls on citizens to do the same". The commission urges citizens to use my look-up tool and take action through formal complaints.
"On the Ben Ik Erbij?-website you can check whether your data is part of the leak based on your phone number". – David Stevens, Chairman of Belgian Privacy Commission
Articles on the Belgian cyber security team 'The Red Daemons'
In 2021, I was part of the Belgian cyber security team 'The Red Daemons'. As a group of ten young cyber security specialists, we represented Belgium in the European Cyber Security Challenge (CTF) in Prague.
- 🇳🇱 VICE: "We asked cyber experts why cyber security really matters". Long-form interview on VICE with me and two other members of the Belgian cyber security team.
- 🇳🇱🇫🇷 Safeonweb.be + VICE: Shorter video interview with VICE on the Safeonweb.be YouTube channel with most members of the Belgian cyber security team. Dutch version. French version.
- 🇬🇧 Belgium.be: "Belgium sends 10 top talents to the European Cybersecurity Challenge in Prague". Official website of Belgium about how the country is sending 10 of their top cyber security talents to Prague.
Articles on my teams victory at the Cyber Security Challenge Belgium
My team '🇧🇪 🏁 Fun With Flags ⛳ 🇳🇵' claimed the victory at the 2021 edition of the Cyber Security Challenge Belgium, the biggest Capture The Flag (CTF) security competition for young cyber security talent.
- 🇳🇱 DataNews: "Limburg students win Cyber Security Challenge Belgium". Renowned tech magazine Datanews on our win at CSCBE.
- 🇳🇱 Het Belang van Limburg: "Limburg students crowned Belgium's best hackers". Local newspaper HBvL online and print article about our first place at CSCBE.
Articles on Headr
In 2018, three friends (and fellow computer science students) and I founded Headr, a digitisation agency. Personally, I am no longer involved since I left Headr to further explore the cyber security industry at the end of 2020.
Headr is still going strong at the time of writing, be sure to check them out.
- 🇳🇱 Het Belang van Limburg: "Apps a little differently". Local newspaper Het Belang van Limburg about the founding of Headr.
- 🇳🇱 Het Belang van Limburg: "No more waiting in line thanks to this app". Local newspaper Het Belang van Limburg about Ordr, a product of Headr to help restaurants manage their pick-up orders during the unusual Covid period.